The New York Giants can talk all they want about how tight their locker | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
liny
liny Nov 9
room is Customized New York Giants Jerseys , how much they love Pat Shurmur's new offense and the new 3-4 defense installed coordinator James Bettcher.It's all talk.That loving feeling does nothing for the Giants (0-1) heading into Dallas this weekend for a Sunday night game at the Cowboys (0-1).With apologizes to the Righteous Brothers of the 1960s and '70s, what the Giants need is that winning feeling.New York won three times last season in a campaign that led to the firing of coach Ben McAdoo and general manager Jerry Reese. The Giants are trying to bounce back under Shurmur and new general manager Dave Gettleman with a roster that includes more than 30 new players.After a long offseason and training camp, this team needs the validation winning brings."Yeah, I think it's important to get that win and feel good about the work and the preparation," two-time Super Bowl MVP Eli Manning said Wednesday. "I don't think it's because of last year. You got a lot of new players, different guys. You put last year behind us. It's about us as this group. Knowing that we can find ways to win football games."The Giants came close in Week 1, losing 20-15 to the defending AFC South champion Jacksonville Jaguars, a team that was within a quarter of going to the Super Bowl before losing to the New England Patriots.Safety Landon Collins said getting the feeling of winning is important, just as critical as not falling in a quick hole in both the division and conference."We're stacking each and every day," the safety and defensive captain said. "We're working each and every day to become better as a team, as a whole, and making sure we get that win."Second-year tight end Evan Engram found wins few and far between last season."It's definitely important to us this week www.authenticsnewyorkgiants.com ," Engram said. "It's a big division opponent on the road and we are preparing to go in and win. We're not worried about what can happen, or what if? What we are worried about is making sure we are taking care of things this week and we go out and play a complete game. It's important we get that winning feeling and have a good plane ride back home. That's the feeling we are chasing."Shurmur is well aware that teams that fail to win in their first two games have a tough time making the playoffs. In the last decade, the odds of making the postseason after an 0-2 record is a little less than 11 percent."Every game is important," he said. "It's not one more important than the other. Every game is important and makes a difference," the coach said. "Our mindset is just having a great week of preparation, everybody being on the same page, understanding their schemes, know our assignments, go out there and play smart football, make plays, and put ourselves in a positon to win the game."NOTES: LB Olivier Vernon did not practice. He sprained an ankle before the final preseason game against New England. It is uncertain whether he will play Sunday. ... LB Tae Davis (hamstring) returned to the field after missing the opener and was limited, as were WR Sterling Shepard (back) and RB Wayne Gallman (knee).Giants news New York Giants T-Shirt , 8/23: Sam Darnold comparisons? Saquon Barkley doesn’t think about them Good morning, New York Giants fans! Let’s get going today with a look at the headlines.Barkley: Darnold comparison “doesn’t cross my mind”Fans and media members will forever compare the careers of Giants running back Saquon Barkley and New York Jets quarterback Sam Darnold. After all, they went back-to-back in the draft. Which team was right? Wrong? Which guy turned out to be the better player?Barkley said Wednesday that it’s not something he concerns himself with.“That’s kind of really something that doesn’t cross my mind,” Barkley says of being linked to Darnold. “We play two different positions. I don’t really look too deep in that. I only can focus and control what I can control. I’m just thankful that the Giants picked me and I’m here and I’m a New York Giant. I’m playing for the best franchise in the league and I’m going to continue to take advantage of the opportunity every single day and continue to work every single day.”Around the Inter-GoogleGiants don't see Odell Beckham Jr.'s contract situation as a distraction | SNYGiants' Jonathan Stewart ready to contribute more than mentoring | SNYTravis Frederick, Dallas Cowboys offensive lineman, diagnosed Guillain Barre SyndromeCowboys center Travis Frederick said Wednesday he has received treatments over the past 48 hours for Guillain-Barr茅 syndrome, an autoimmune disease. Sources told ESPN's Todd Archer that Frederick could miss multiple weeks of the season.Polling the Giants: New helmet rule 'making the game too soft' | Too much gray area after Mark Herzlich penalty | NJ.comGiants defensive starters are on board with player safety, but what if rule confusion makes the game less safe? How are you supposed to tackle? Players still want answers from NFL officials.Giants veterans explain why 2018 will be different | 'Guys don't ever want to feel that way again' | NJ.comSeveral Giants veterans who lived through the strife and tumult of Ben McAdoo's final season, explain why 2018 will be dramatically different from 2017's 3-13 debacle.Former Boston Brawler getting his chance to start with GiantsJon Halapio can remember a time not so long ago when he was playing for the Boston Brawlers and had to bring his own equipment to games and practice. It was...Giants: Will Saquon Barkley addition get Big Blue into playoffs? | SI.comBy adding Saquon Barkley to the mix and getting back a healthy Odell Beckham Jr., New York's offense will be difficult to stop, especially with new head coach Pat Shurmur calling the shots.Helmet-to-helmet penalty calls in preseason confusing Giants | NewsdayAlec Ogletree wants to get clarity about the new rule that assesses a 15-yard penalty for leading with the head.
Share:

Choose language

Chinese (Traditional)EnglishFrenchGermanHebrewHindiItalianJapaneseRussianSpanish

Share With Friends

Share:

Destinos Exotico Filming Donations

Make a Donation To The Destinos Exotico Film Fund

Thank You For Your Kindness and Generosity

Birthdays

})({}); (function(_scope) { $('#console_item_5c0f80542ee7e').click(function(){new OW_FloatBox({ $contents: $('#base_cmp_floatbox_ajax_signin')});}); })({}); (function(_scope) {OW.Console.addItem(new OW_ConsoleDropdownHover("console_item_5c0f805430278", "console_item_5c0f805430278_content"), "toplink"); })({}); (function(_scope) {OW.Console.addItem(new OW_ConsoleDropdownHover("console_item_5c0f80543040f", "console_item_5c0f80543040f_content"), "toplink"); })({}); (function(_scope) { DND_InterfaceFix.fix('.ow_sidebar'); })({}); (function(_scope) { var addthis_share = { image: "http:\/\/destinosexotico.com\/ow_userfiles\/plugins\/social_sharing\/default.jpg", description: "Exotic Destinations TV Series, Travel Around The World With Us We Feature The Best Places For Young People To Meet Other Young Hip People To Party And Travel With.", title: "Destinos Exotico TV Series" }; addthis.init(); addthis.toolbox('.addthis_toolbox', {}, addthis_share); })({}); (function(_scope) {OW.initWidgetMenu([{"label":"Latest","id":"groups-widget-menu-latest","contId":"groups-widget-latest","active":true},{"label":"Most Popular","id":"groups-widget-menu-popular","contId":"groups-widget-popular","active":false}])})({}); (function(_scope) { var $tb_container = $(".ow_box_toolbar_cont", $("#groups-list_widget").parents('.ow_box, .ow_box_empty').get(0)); $("#groups-widget-menu-popular").click(function(){ $tb_container.html($("#groups-widget-toolbar-popular").html()); }); $("#groups-widget-menu-latest").click(function(){ $tb_container.html($("#groups-widget-toolbar-latest").html()); }); })({}); (function(_scope) { $('*[title]', $('.birthdays_avatar_list') ).each( function(i, o){ $(o).off('mouseenter'); $(o).on('mouseenter', function(){ var title = $(this).attr('title'); var birthday = $(this).data('birthday'); if ( !birthday ) { OW.showTip($(this), {timeout:200}); } else if ( !title && birthday ) { birthday = '' + birthday + ''; OW.showTip($(this), {timeout:200, show:birthday}); } else { birthday = '
' + birthday + ''; OW.showTip($(this), {timeout:200, show:title + birthday}); } }); $(o).off('mouseleave'); $(o).on('mouseleave', function(){ OW.hideTip($(this)); }); });})({}); (function(_scope) {OW.initWidgetMenu({"birthdays_today":{"label":"Today","id":"base_users_widget_od1l1qaw_users_widget_menu_birthdays_today","contId":"base_users_widget_od1l1qaw_users_widget_birthdays_today","active":true,"toolbarId":false}})})({}); (function(_scope) {var flagItems; $('.post_flag_item a').on('click', function() { var inf = flagItems[this.id]; if (inf.id == 29019 ){ OW.flagContent("forum-topic", 12111); } else{ OW.flagContent("forum-post", inf.id); } }); })({}); });